During my free time I came across a recipe on Pinterest that I just HAD to try and let me tell you….. It did not disapoint! Okay, so you know those Circus Animal Cookies that we all ate as kids with the pink and white frosting, with just the perfect crunch? As if they weren’t good enough, lets turn them into truffles… ENOUGH SAID. Its a very simple recipe with no baking, so if you have some free time I would definitely try these out.
To start out you need 4 simple ingredients so head out to your local grocery store.
3 Cups of Circus Animal Cookies 1/2 Tub of Cream Cheese Frosting 1lb Vanilla Almond Bark SPRINKLES
1. The first thing to do is to put the animal cookies into a food processor, and mash up the cookies really well….ultimately creating a cookie dust 🙂 (Warning: It’s probably not magical)
2. Then add about 1/2 tub of the cream cheese frosting into a blender with the cookie dust and mix that together. You might have to add more frosting than 1/2 tub. You want the mixture to be able to stick together, because you are going to be forming circular shape truffles.
3. Begin forming circles with the cookie and frosting mixture.
4. Put the truffles into the freezer over night…. You will be dreaming about them!
5. Take them out in the morning, and then melt the 1lb of Vanilla Almond Bark.
6. Dip the truffles into the White Chocolate and quickly sprinkle the sprinkles over the truffles and set them onto parchment paper. It’s important to put the sprinkles on quickly, because the white chocolate tends to dry pretty fast.
AND TADA here they are:
ENJOY….my mom did 🙂
XOXO SMITTEN WITH SWEETS