Attention Red Velvet Lovers,
All my favorite things combined….minus the cheesecake. This includes…red velvet cake, oreos, cream cheese, and of course CHOCOLATE!
To make the bottom layer of the “Yummy” you will need these ingredients:
Red Velvet Cake Mix (+ ingredients need to make) ** On top of the ingredients needed to make the boxed cake batter also have these ingredients available:
1 egg 1 cup melted butter 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract 1/2 cup of water
Mix together all these ingredients in an electric mixer and beat for 2-3 minutes
1. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan and pour the red velvet brownie batter into the pan. Cook for 35-40 minutes at 325 F.
2. Take out of the oven, and let the cake cool before going onto next step. To test if the cake is done, place a tooth pic into the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
**DON’T PANIC it doesn’t look that pretty when cooled, but it tastes delicious.
For the 2nd layer of the “Yummy” you will need:
1 Package of Oreos 1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese
1. Smash the whole package of oreos in a bag until they are finely ground.
2. Mix a room temperature 8oz package of cream cheese and the finely ground oreos together in an electric beater
3. Once it’s mixed [and the cake is cooled] lightly push this mixture onto the red velvet cake. I would use your hands to do this, because if you try to mix the oreo/cream cheese mixture on top of the cake it will tear at the cake.
For the third layer of the “Yummy” you will need:
1lb of Chocolate Almond Bark Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Melt chocolate over the stove or in the microwave, and pour over the oreo/cream cheese layer [truffle layer].
2. Next Sprinkle mini chocolate chips all over the warm melted chocolate layer.
Is your Mouth WATERING YET? MINE IS!
If you are not completely satisfied with the chocolate almond bark on top and you’re looking for something a little more richer [which…..lets face it…. I AM] then I have a family-favorite chocolate fudge frosting recipe for you.
For this recipe you will need:
2 cups sugar 1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup milk 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1. Heat and stir ingredients in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Bring this to a boil. Stop stirring and boil for about 1 1/2 minutes [TIMING IS CRITICAL…a.k.a VERY IMPORTANT]
2. Remove from heat and beat until cool. Spread over the cake.
** When frosting is cool, it is a the same consistency of fudge, so spread over the cake before it gets too firm.
Hope you enjoy indulging as much as I have 🙂
XOXO SMITTEN WITH SWEETS